Had swollen painful lymph node. Given steroid and on Azithromycin. Still swollen and on allergy medication. Suggest?

ENT Specialist
Hi! I have had a swollen painful lymph node for the past week. I have been given steroid shot and am on the fifth day of azithromycin. Still swollen but stopped hurting and is now hard. Have also been taking allergy medication. Benadryl three days ago, and Zyrtec for the last two days. I took Advil last night before bed. Ideas?
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
inflammatory lymphnode

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query

I had gone through your query, it suggests that you are suffering from inflammatory lymphadenopathy. Your symptoms such as pain has subsided but swelling requires about 3 weeks to completely resolve.

But for exclusion of other disease you need to go for some test such as
-X XXXXXXX chest PA view
-USG of the swelling
-FNAC of the swelling

You are on appropriate treatment.

If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.

Wish you good health.