Had surgery for endocarditis. On warfarin. How long the side effects of medication last after stopping it?

I had surgery on August 16 for endocarditis. I have been taking Warfarin from that date and will finish taking it, per the doctor, on November 18. How many days after I stop taking Warfarin will the side effects stop? Thank you Cliff Colnot
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 3 days later
Brief Answer: Within 1 week, the side effects will stop... Detailed Answer: Hi Cliff, Please bare in mind that the effects of warfarin as a anti-coagulant will persistent up to 7 days after stopping it. Therefore, as the main side effects are related to risk of hemorrhage, then, after 3-4 days of stopping warfarin, you will be safe of major bleeding. If you are experiencing other less risky side effects (such as skin rash), after 7 days of stopping warfarin, they will disappear. Hope it answered to your question! Dr.Benard p.s. if you have more questions, please write back to me!