Had sex with a sex worker. Itchy in scrotal area, redness and sores. Is it a STD?

Jul 2016

I had sex with a sex worker about 48 hours ago. The entire encounter lasted about 20-25 minutes and included the following:

1) Initial blow job for 30 seconds with no condom on
2) Sexual intercourse with a condom for about 15 minutes
3) Intermittent blow jobs during intercourse with condom on
4) Hand job without a condom to finish me off but I did not ejaculate

The condom did not tear at anytime and I did not notice any cuts, sores or warts on the sex worker. Aside from perhaps a little precum at the beginning and during the hand job, I had no ejaculate. She also kissed me a couple of times on the lips and her tongue touched mine for a split second once, other than that, it was all closed mouth.

My concern is, since the encounter 48 hours ago, I have been itchy in my scrotal area but have not noticed any redness, sores, cuts or skin changes. I am really worried because I don't know if it is the start of an STD as the itchiness is not going away. I have no discharge or any other symptoms but I feel this weird pulling sensation around my scrotum sometimes and have a constant urge to itch. Am I panicking for no reason or is this something serious like a STD or HIV? I am waiting a few weeks to get tested to avoid false negatives from early testing. Should I get tested now or wait 6 weeks? Your help is GREATLY appreciated!
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Does not look like STD or Herpes infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you had sexual encounter with sex worker where you had almost protected intra vaginal sex apart from oral kissing .
Now you have itching around your scrotum and worried about acquiring any STD or Herpes infection.

Since you have no urinary symptoms,urethral discharge or any lesions on glans or genitals and the sex was being fully protected sex by using condom there are no chances of you getting either STD or Herpes infection.

The itching that you have around scrotal skin is most likely to be due to contamination of scrotal skin with her vaginal secretion which are acidic in nature.

Please Ensure to clean your genitals with warm water twice daily and apply steroid cream over the affected area.

You can do basic blood tests and screening test for HIV after 6 weeks to be rest assured free from acquiring these diseases and to allay your anxiety.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.

Follow-up: Had sex with a sex worker. Itchy in scrotal area, redness and sores. Is it a STD? 22 minutes later
Thank you very much for your prompt reply Dr. Patil; the information you provided is very reassuring.

I just wanted to follow-up regarding the oral sex portion of my encounter. Although brief (less than a minute), it was done initially without a condom on. Also, she used her hand to masturbate me at the end for a couple of minutes without a condom on. Should I be worried about any significant infectious risks associated with either of these events since I had no condom on?

To alleviate my anxiety, I will get an STD screening panel done in 6 weeks if I remain asymptomatic (sooner if symptoms begin to appear).

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No there are chances of STD with oral sex.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.
There are no chances of acquiring STD or Herpes infection due to oral sex or handling of genitals.
Thanks and Regards.