Had sex with a person who has herpes. Founf tiny bumps on buttocks, which hurt and itch. Have soreness. Help?

i had sex with a man one time 15 days ago and Im freaking out bc someone told me he had herpes. Now every little thing I see on my body im turning into the herpes virus. I hear the odds of getting it from one encounter is very low and if I was going to get it wouldnt it most likely have shown up right now. I have a few tiny red bumps on both sides on my buttocks that don't itch or hurt and I prob wouldnt have even noticed them if i hadn't heard that he was infected. I shaved a week after sex and they almost look like razor bumps and not blister like at all. It burns a little but hardly at all. Im pretty sure im making myself sick worrying about this. I workout everyday so my legs are a little sore which they should be but I hear that muscle soreness is a symptom and Im also a little tired but I have sleeping issues as well. My symptoms don't seem to line up with the majority of cases I read about especially bc the bumps aren't even close to blisters and have been there for a few days and haven't spread or burst which I hear that most of them do. please help
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello, I would be happy to help you!

Detailed Answer:
You are correct, if you had been exposed and become infected, then 15 days is beyond the 'incubation period' for the virus. If you had become newly infected, you should have had an outbreak by now.

Also, the bumps that you are describing are NOT herpes. Herpes outbreaks are usually on one side or the other, near the junction of the skin and the mucous membrane of the vagina, and starts as PAINFUL blisters that fill with fluid, eventually break open, crust over, and resolve as painful shallow ulcers with a red surrounding base. You can find 1,000's of pictures on google images.

Go in to your doctor and get examined, and have them draw HSV titers. These are blood tests that will show if you have EVER been exposed to the virus. Have them repeat these labs in about 3 months. If they remain negative, then you are NOT infected with the virus.

I hope that this helps!