Had sex, burning in penis, lightheadedness, stiff neck, fatigue. Red dots on base of penis, no pain. What could it be?

Question
I had sex 4 weeks ago, and again with the same girl a week later. 2 weeks after I had penile buring for a few hours and again 2 days later. I also had lightheadedness, stiff neck and fatigued right after buring stopped and was fine several hours later. Went to the doctor, std tested and was diagnosed with urithenitus... Was giving doxycycline hyclate. Following week I found 3 Red dots and the base of the penis shaft about 1 mm in size. They do not hurt but are just there. What could it be?
Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 47 minutes later
Hi AAAAA
Thanks for writing in to Heathcare Magic!
The urethritis is an infection of urinary passage and the doxycycline is appropriate antibiotics.
The small three painless lesions at the base of penis might suggest syphilis chancres although a rare disease today but possible.
Please put a follow up query mentioning whether you knew the girl or she is a sex worker. Also send a close shot photograph of the lesions.
I would suggest to take doxycycline for full 10days and to send Urine culture and sensitivity test stat and a VDRL and a TPHA test for syphilis to be done as soon as possible.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!