Had sex and took Ipill. Dark brown discharge with bad smell is noticed. Feeling extremely tired and fatigued. Advise?

Hello Doctor
I have a query
I had my last periods on 20.07.2013. I had sex with my partner on 27th and 28th July. On 27th he used condom but after ejaculation while pulling out the semen fell on my vaginal area which was washed off immediately and on 28th he penetrated unprotected but for seconds and has ejaculated after few minutes outside. However I have taken Ipill on 28th evening. I have got weird discharge which was very dark brown with bad smell on 5th onwards. The quantity was really less, but this continued for next 5 to 6 days. This period I was extremely tired. Now that the dates have come during which I normally get my periods i.e. 20th (normally I get regular periods with a day or two early or late). Past two three days I am feeling extremely tired and fatigued. And also I am getting cramps as if I am getting periods. I am tensed. Kindly advise
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Side effect of I pill

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would tell you that what discharge you got having dark colour and bad smell was due to vaginal bleeding that can occur with emergency contraceptives and clear by its own ,so there is nothing to worry about that.

Second thing i-pill might also cause your next period to come early or later than normal. But if your periods are delayed by more than a week, you should go for a pregnancy test and additionally if it is accompanied with lower abdominal pain you must consult a gynaecologist . So, you can wait and watch as if now.

Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Had sex and took Ipill. Dark brown discharge with bad smell is noticed. Feeling extremely tired and fatigued. Advise? 15 minutes later

Will I get my period with reference to the delayed period or the date of vaginal bleeding? And also is vaginal bleeding considered as periods?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
delayed period.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

You should count the day from your regular bleeding date. Plus vaginal bleeding is not considered as period , it is breakthrough bleed that can occur with emergency contraception.

Dr. Shruti