Had sex and followed by period. Having pain in stomach and noticed a blood clot. Trying to conceive. Need advise?

Question
Hi my name is XXXX and i had sex with my hubby on August 2nd and on the 3 my period came on for 3 to 4 days but on August 31st i got this bad pain in my stomach and then i started spotting,now this never happen to me before,so i went to the bathroom and a blood clod came out and a day after it stop.so can you please help me doctor because my hubby really wants a baby
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Most likely an early period.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Ms. XXXX,

I can understand your anxiety. Firstly, let me know if August 2nd was the last time you had intercourse with your husband. If that is so and you had a normal period after that, you cannot be pregnant in all likeliness. If you have had intercourse even after, then yes, you should exclude the possibility of pregnancy and an early abortion.

I would ask you in such a case to get your serum beta-hCG levels assessed as it is too early for a HPT. You should also get a trans-vaginal/pelvic sonogram to see the cause.

If you have regular 28-30 day cycles, please try to have unprotected intercourse at least on alternate days around the mid-cycle to facilitate conception.

Hope your query is clarified. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Had sex and followed by period. Having pain in stomach and noticed a blood clot. Trying to conceive. Need advise? 7 minutes later
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can always contact for any queries.

Detailed Answer:

You are always welcome to contact for further queries in future. I will be ready to help.

Wish you good health.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Had sex and followed by period. Having pain in stomach and noticed a blood clot. Trying to conceive. Need advise? 6 minutes later
So i got my period on september 24 when after that i can start trying to have a baby im 42 now

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can start after 5 days from 4th October onward

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

If you have regular 28-30 day cycles, your ovulation would fall around 7th-9th of October. Hence, you should start trying from 4th onward until 11th or 12th. Please remember, owing to your age you should take medical assistance if you fail to conceive naturally within six months as one does not have plenty of healthy ova left at this age. I personally would suggest consultation with an infertility specialist if you are keen on conception immediately.

Hope your query is answered. Please contact for more information. I will be available for help.

Wish you good health.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Had sex and followed by period. Having pain in stomach and noticed a blood clot. Trying to conceive. Need advise? 45 minutes later
Ok thank you so much

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Always welcome

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for contacting. You are always welcome to contact for any more information. I will be happy to help.

Wish you good luck.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Had sex and followed by period. Having pain in stomach and noticed a blood clot. Trying to conceive. Need advise? 26 minutes later
Ok

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Good luck

Detailed Answer:

Wish you good luck and good health.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Had sex and followed by period. Having pain in stomach and noticed a blood clot. Trying to conceive. Need advise? 5 hours later
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Will help anytime.

Detailed Answer:

It was my pleasure contacting with you. You can contact me any time if you need any information. I will try to give my best.

Wish you good health.

regards,
Shanti.V.