Had sex and bleeding. Noticed brown discharge. On microgynon. Should I be worried?

Me and my partner had sex 2 weeks and I bleed but after thAt night I have been brown discharge ever since I am on microgynon have been for over a year
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not related to pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Since you are taking microgynon regularly, pregnancy is ruled out.
The mild brownish spotting after intercourse can be due to some conditions such as:
1. Local infection or ulcer in private parts
2. Cervical erosion-ulcer like thing on tip of cervix
3. Forceful act
4. Lack of proper arousal which might lead to poor lubrication and friction
at times.

Please discuss this with your gynecologist and get your self examined to find out the exact cause.

In mean time please use lubrication and ask your partner to use condom to avoid friction.

Take good healthy diet, XXXXXXX in fruits and salads to maintain over all good health.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.