Had sex. Getting breast pain, white discharge and stomach pain. Can I be pregnant?

Mar 2016

i had sex with my boyfrin betwen 4 to 6th and 24th to 28th but i did not get my periods yet and period date is 28th could u help me with it... i had all symptoms for my periods like my breast pain and white extraction and stomach pain .. do i need to wait for my period and scared. please help me
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 26 minutes later

According to your period date, you involved in unprotected sex around safe period if previous cycle was regular. Here, possibility of pregnancy is quite less. Though, you need to be sure by one home pregnancy test.

Your presenting features are more suggestive of Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) and it indicates that you will get your period shortly. You can wait for another one week to get your period if you get negative pregnancy test.

In general, period may be delayed up to 7 days from due date and it occurs mostly due to hormonal imbalance & mental stress. Other reasons of late period are ovarian cyst, irregular diet habit, change in weight, increased prolactin level, pelvic/ vaginal infection, psychological factors etc.

If you do not get your period in next 7 days, you can consult with gynecologist for other relevant investigations (like pelvic ultrasound scan, hormone assay etc) to pin point the diagnosis. Take suggestive measures & proper medication accordingly.

Following things are very much helpful :

1) Take healthy diet with vitamin & iron supplements.
2) Keep bowel habit regular and drink plenty of fluids/ juice.
3) Try to avoid stress/ anxiety by yoga or meditation regularly.
4) Maintain genital hygiene properly and take sound sleep.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Wish your good health & practice safe sex in future.

Dr Soumen.