Had severe cough. Now sore gum, tight and burning chest pain. Medical cure?

Really sore gum at front of mouth near nose, and tight burning chest pain? Had strange chest cough last week, but not anymore, is this the after effects?! When I use to cough my chest was burning , but my front gums are now sore and burning sensation is still there without the cough!
Posted Thu, 9 May 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

You mentioned that you had a strange chest cough which has improved. What medications did you have for the cough? Are you taking any other medications?

A cough can develop complications like pneumonia which may be giving you a tight burning chest pain. The chest pain can be due to other reasons too for which I suggest that you get yourself examined immediately and get an electrocardiogram done to rule out a cardiac cause.

It is difficult to corelate the gum problem with the cough without an examination. Do let the health professionals know about this too when you get yourself examined for chest pain.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal