Had protective sex. Feeling nausea and pulsating sensation on vagina. What is causing this?

Question
Hello my girlfriend and I had protective sex two days ago, I checked the condoms to see if the didn't tear and they were fine. Today she feels a pulsation on her right side of the vagina has some nausea. What is the probable cause of this?? This also already happened once a while ago.
Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 2 hours later
Hello

Thanks for writing to us

She can't become pregnant just 2 days after the intercourse

For vaginal pulsations it may be venous pulsation due to engorgement after intercourse

Nausea can be due to other reasons like gastritis

Wait for the periods to come , just relax and don't worry

Best wishes

Follow-up: Had protective sex. Feeling nausea and pulsating sensation on vagina. What is causing this? 9 hours later
Thank you one more doubt though it is the second time this happens it usually is one or two days after intercourse and last about two days then she does not feel it anymore. Why is that it is always the same symptoms.

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 13 hours later
Hello

Welcome once again

The blood supply of vaginal tissues increases during intercourse that is why there is pulsation and tickling sensation

It's normal , there is nothing to worry about
Best wishes

Follow-up: Had protective sex. Feeling nausea and pulsating sensation on vagina. What is causing this? 18 hours later
Godo afternoon doctor,
Sorry to bother but it is with the same subject yesterday my girlfriend was feeling great and today in the late afternoon she began to feel the strong pulses again is it for the same reason?

Thank you

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 6 hours later
Hello

Welcome

It is normal in some females due to excitement but to rule out any vaginal infection you should show it to a gynaecologist

She can use lubricants if it is dry feeling

Strong pulse for shorter period is nothing to worry about

Follow-up: Had protective sex. Feeling nausea and pulsating sensation on vagina. What is causing this? 7 hours later
Ok thank you a quick little doubt why does this type of pulsating happen after two days?? Does this arousal last that long??

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 14 hours later
Hello

Welcome back

It can be due to contraction of vaginal muscles

Contractions are of two types , voluntary and involuntary

After intercourse , involuntary contractions can last for a longer time in some cases

It is normal

Just relax