Had protected sex with a prostitute. Having burning sensation after urinating and sore under scrotum. Fear of getting HIV?

Hi, I am in England. I had sex with a prostitute two weeks ago. It was with condom. Later she changed the condom in the middle of sex, I don't whether it was broken or loose. I am terrified to death of getting HIV. I have burning sensation after urunating and sore (pimple like thing) under my scroturm. Can u plz help me.
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs testing

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking.

You need investigations for not only HIV but for other sexually transmitted diseases like Hepatitis B, C,Chlamydia,Gonorrhea.

All these illness spread via the sexual contact and most of them do not have any symptoms for months or sometimes years.

Also please remember, even if your HIV test comes back normal , you need to redo it in 12 weeks from the exposure as the window period do not allow diagnosis in that period.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Follow-up: Had protected sex with a prostitute. Having burning sensation after urinating and sore under scrotum. Fear of getting HIV? 7 hours later
I have an appointment for HIV duo test in second of September. Isn't that enough to conclude my HIV status???
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 54 minutes later
HIV test can remain negative for up to 12 weeks after exposure due to window period, that is why it is mandatory to repeat it after 12 weeks.