Had protected sex and started pain in testicles. What are the chances of getting HIV?

I have a dull ache in my testicles. About 9 months ago I had protected sex with a prostitute. I had a test for Gonorrhoea and Chlamydia a few weeks afterwards which came back negative. I have become increasingly anxious about the pain and have seen all sorts of possible causes. Is there a chance of STD? HIV? What is the most likely cause please. There is no discharge, no pain when urinating etc
Posted Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later

The chances of you having STDs or HIV are very minimal as you had protected sex.

The dull ache you are experiencing in your testicles can most probably be because of the fear in your mind. I do commonly see many such patients at my office regularly.

Therefore you should not be unduly worried about the ache and start wearing tight underwear to keep your testicles supported. At the next available opportunity you should get yourself examined by your GP.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.

Rajiv Goel
Follow-up: Had protected sex and started pain in testicles. What are the chances of getting HIV? 53 minutes later
That's great. Could you possibly explain what Prostatitis is? I have tried to reduce my caffeine intake in the last few dyas (I was drinking lots of pepsi, several litres a day) and am trying to reduce my ejaculations as well as these two seemed the most likely cause of the testicle pain. The pain seems worse when I have masturbated or when I am sitting down.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 hours later

Prostatitis patients have pain in perineum, difficulty in passing urine and painful defecation. However, some may experience only testicular pain and pain in perineum leading to pain when sitting down. You should certainly see urologist to rule that out.

Reducing ejaculation can certainly help you; however, caffeine intake has no relation.

Rajiv Goel