Had protected sex. Should I be worried about STD and HIV?

I recently had sex, I used protection and also rinsed myself thoroughly after. if the sex partner were to have something should I be worried.
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX As you have used protection its unlikely you will get infection. But, its always safe to have sex with a known partner. A greater level of protection is provided for the diseases transmitted by genital secretions. A lesser degree of protection is provided for genital ulcer diseases or HPV because these infections also may be transmitted by exposure to areas (e.g., infected skin or mucosal surfaces) that are not covered or protected by the condom.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile