Had previous iliotibial band release and bursa removal. Suffer hip pain. MRI states mild acetabular dysplasia bilaterally. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i had a previous iliotibial band release and bursa removal a year ago. Eight months ago my hip pain returned and after many months of suffering I went back to the surgeon who sent me for another MRI. The new MRI states the following*
There appears to be mild acetabular dysplasia bilaterally. Surface irregularity is noted over the anterior facet of the greater trochanter. The gluteus minimus tendon is irregular, hyperintense and partially torn. It is surrounding by peritendinous oedema. No significant muscle atrophy is seen. Peritendinous fluid is evident superolaterally. Tendon thickening, hyperintensity and irregularity is noted of the gluteus medius tendons at their attachment to the posterior and lateral facets of the greater trochanter. There is surrounding peritendinous oedema but no evidence of fluid to indicate a discrete tear. Moderate atrophy of the gluteus medius muscle is noted.
Articular cartilage of the hip joint appears well maintained. The acetabular labrum appears enlarged consistent with the apparent acetabular dysplasia. No labral tear is seen and there is no fluid in the hip joint.
Oedema over the greater trochanter on the right side is also noted suggesting there may be mild trochanteric bursal thickening or peritendinous fluid.
what does all this mean and how am I going to get rid of the 24/7 pain that I find myself in. I'm 52 yr old woman with an active life.

The pain is constant, difficulty sleeping do to experiencing pain when moving during the night, can't sleep lay on the left side due to intense pain and sometimes numbness. If I've been on my feet all day by evening the pain is intense and feels like my back and hip are ready to explode. There seems to be no release from the pain. Have tried different pain meds some quite strong and some will take the edge off the pain but the pain is always there.

Thank you
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Degenerative changes in hip joint.

Detailed Answer:
The findings of the MRI are suggestive of degenerative changes in the hip joint. muscle relaxants are the mainstay of the treatment. After the acute pain subsides, regular physiotherapy exercises are recommended to prevent further progression of these degenerative changes.
In case the pain is severe and is not controlled with medical treatment then hip replacement or periacetabular osteotomy may have to be considered.
You can consult your orthopedician for the best line of treatment for you.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.