Had portacath removed from chest, discolouration and bumps around the wound. Should I be worried?

I had a porta-cath removed from my chest a week ago. Just removed the steristrips to find discoloration around wound. Redness and a bunch of little bumps plus slightly itchy. Should I be worried? Staph?
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
I have gone through the attached image, the redness , slight oozing and small vesicles have developed due to a contact irritant reaction to steristrips.
The treatment requires application of steroid cream like fluticasone or mometasone cream and oral antihistamines like cetirizine. I hope in five days to a week lesions would considerably improve.
Hope that answers your query.