Had partial hysterectomy, cyst removed from ovary, had bilateral oophorectomy. Pelvic pain constant. Help?

Hello, I had a partial hysterectomy in 2000 then in XXXXXXX 2012 had a large cyst removed from lft ovary which urned out to be tumor so in Feb 2012 had bilateral oopherectomy. Now I am in constant pain on rt side pelvic area and sexual activity is unbearable, had a pelvic ulrasound done last week which shows cysts on each side measuring over 3 cm each. My gyno is dismissing my concerns and I am geting concerned and at my wits end. Could someone please help me on my options or what I should do I cant handle this much longer it is interferring with everything. Thank You for your help.
Posted Sun, 27 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Since you had bilateral oopherectomy in february, the presence of bilateral cysts is not likely to be related to uterus. You need to have an MRI of the lower abdomen to detect the origin of the cysts.
Endometriosis is a likely cause.
A diagnostic laproscopy will also help in proper diagnosis. The treatment depends on the cause.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Had partial hysterectomy, cyst removed from ovary, had bilateral oophorectomy. Pelvic pain constant. Help? 13 hours later
Thank You for answering my question. I am just waiting on my Dr to schedule the MRI, should I request a Diagnostic Laproscopy due to all my problems I have had in the past? All my organs were attached to each other, and the muniscous tumors it freaks me out. Thank you for your time again
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Since laparoscopy is an invasive investigation, let us wait for MRI results first and then ask your gynecologist to schedule a laparoscopic examination if needed.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.