Had orthoscopic surgery. Having white bumps near stitches. Should I be concern?

Oncologist, Surgical
One week ago I had orthoscopic surgery on my right shoulder. I now haveWhite bumps near stitches where surgery was conducted. Should I contact my doctor
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 32 minutes later
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. This could either be due to allergy to the dressing material used, which is quite common and does not require much treatment or this could be due to some infection involving the suture site. It is best that you consult your doctor and have this problem evaluated because if it is an infection, it requires treatment with antibiotics.

Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.