Had oral sex during period and rubbed vagina with clothes on. have delayed periods. Pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
I had some casual kiss and touch towards private parts with my girlfriend while she was on her period and then noticed pre-cum on my pants when she was sitting on my lap wearing her underwear's. i then started to rub her vagina while she was wearing underwear, can this cause pregnancy? I was certain that it cannot but she has missed her period. She says that she sometimes has irregular period. But lately she is feeling tired and was vomiting, so i started to worry.
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
TAKE PREGNANCY TESTS.

Detailed Answer:

From the type of intimacy you describe, a pregnancy is impossible.
If such a patient would be seen by me, I would order a pregnancy test straightaway to clear the confusion.

With irregular cycles, it is better to go for a blood pregnancy test or an ultrasound, which will be more reliable than a urine home pregnancy test.

There are various causes of a missed period, such as stress, anxiety, thyroid hormone disturbances, polycystic ovaries etc.

Please take the suggested test first, and then you can consult a gynecologist, who would examine her internally and then go for ultrasound or appropriate blood tests to rule out other conditions causing a skipped period.
All the best.

Follow-up: Had oral sex during period and rubbed vagina with clothes on. have delayed periods. Pregnancy? 4 hours later
So pregnancy can occur, also if she had sanitary napkin and it was only pre cum?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, pregnancy is impossible with this description.

Detailed Answer:
As I said, it is impossible, with the type of intimacy you described.
However, if I had to proceed in this case, it is better to start off, by going for a pregnancy test. That will clear all your suspicion about pregnancy and clear the way for the remaining tests which are more detailed and complex.

As she has irregular cycles, it is not necessary that pregnancy might be caused by this act, but sometimes, if she has conceived from earlier intercourse, in a patient with irregular cycles, who is sexually active, it is always better to rule out pregnancy before proceeding with other workup.

Hope it is clear to you now. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Had oral sex during period and rubbed vagina with clothes on. have delayed periods. Pregnancy? 2 hours later
I forgot to tell you that she is virgin.. I was really worried, and i did not tell her about my pre cum on my clothes, so i can relax now

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NO POSSIBILITY OF PREGNANCY

Detailed Answer:
Hi and yes, if she is a virgin, please put your mind to rest absolutely.
There is no chance of a pregnancy resulting from the encounter you described.