Had oral sex. Now pain in throat and ear, irritation in the urethra and anal area. Any advice?

I am 35yrs old male, have irritation in the urethra and anal area for the past 1 week, also painful throat and right ear for the past 2 days. As a history, I had oral sex with a gf 1 month ago. Please advice.
Posted Fri, 10 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 18 hours later

I have gone through your complaints. Firstly, I feel your present symptoms are not related to your remote history of intimacy with your GF.
Secondly, the two set of complaints too do not seem to be related.

Our ear is connected to throat by a tube known as eustachian tube. The infection in throat can cause inflammation and swelling of this tube. This swelling causes blockade of tube which eventually exerts pressure on ear leading to ear pain.

The same can be treated by taking oral antibiotic like azithromycin, analgesic like Brufen and doing warm saline gargles as many times as possible.

Now as far as urethral and anal complaints are concerned I would like to know
- if the same is associated with any itching or burning sensation
- if any redness or lesions or ulceration is present
- if you have noticed any urethral discharge
- if burning micturition is present
- if whitish slough with redness fissuring is present over glans

Please answer these queries and we may continue the discussion accordingly.
Hoping to hear from you soon.