Had open rhinoplasty done. Got cold and passing yellow mucus when blowing nose. Any remedy?

Jun 2015

I had open rhinoplasty 5 weeks ago for deveated septar I'm 66 women everything went perfect went back to work 3 days later I caught the worst cold. Have so much yellow mucas blowing my nose all the time am I hurting my nose
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later

The symptoms as mentioned in your post suggest that you are having an Upper Presence of yellow mucus indicates bacterial infection.

Continuous blowing of nose to expel out the mucus causes repeated trauma to the nasal mucosa, which makes it prone to bacterial infections.

So, it will be better to consult an ENT specialist for further management.
For symptomatic relief, you can use steam inhalation.

It will prevent mucosal blockage and reduce trauma to the nasal mucosa.

Wishing you a good health.

Let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.