Had open hernia surgery, having pain in incision area after masturbation. What is the cure?

General Surgeon
Hello sir/ma'am, I respectfully had open hernia repair surgery two weeks ago. I'm very sexually active. I masturbated three times and have had some pain in the incision area( after completion) NOT anywhere else or in the groin area. Did I mess the operation up? Should I not masturbate? Please advise and thank you
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Masturbation wont destroy surgery. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. After inguinal hernia surgery with mesh insertion, you should not lift heavy objects for about 3 months. Intense physical activity like jogging or bike riding can also in some cases affect surgery. But there is no way masturbation can mess with the surgery up. So it is not contraindicated. Pain in the incision area can be present few weeks after surgery and gradually decrease. So feel free to masturbate and do not worry about your recent surgery. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
Follow-up: Had open hernia surgery, having pain in incision area after masturbation. What is the cure? 5 minutes later
Thank you very much sir. Respectfully
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: You are welcome.