Had mosquito bite like red itchy spots on feet and used calamine lotion. Spreads when scratched. Suggest?

Hi! I have had mosquito bite like red spots that are incredibly itchy on my feet for the last couple of days. I know they are not bites and I actually can't see them until I scratch them then they appear..the itch is what I would compare to chicken pox but I know its not that either..the itch is driving me nuts so I've used some calamine lotion but it seems like these spots spread when scratched? Would you be able you help me?
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your concern. I suggest that apart from calamin lotion you take an anti-histamine medicine like tab. Phenargan or Avil (25 mg.) 1 tablet three times a day for the next few days. This should give you relief.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or if you would like to share more facts.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal