Had miscarriages. Laparoscopy report suggests disordered endometrial proliferation. Is it possible to conceive with this problem?

Mar 2013
Hi I have a 7 year old daughter. 2 years ago I had a missed miscarriage then I couldn't get pregnant and the doctor had put me on clomid which the first try I concurred but I lost that one too. 3 months ago I did laparoscopy with d and c which the results came out DISORDERED ENDOMETRIAL PROLIFERATION and the doctor told me to start Gonal f injections. I would like to know is it possible to concieve with disordered endometrial
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 18 minutes later
Firstly you need to get yourself totally investigated for the previous two miscarriages, before trying to conceive again.
Repeated miscarriages could have a genetic component as a reason.
Karyotype of your husband and yourself should be done , and ideally the products of conception of previous pregnancies should have been evaluated for chromosomal abnormalities.
Intra uterine infections should be ruled out.
Abnormalities in size and shape of the uterus and cervix should be investigated.
Autoimmune causes and hormonal imbalance due to conditions like polycystic ovarian disease or thyroid disorders should be ruled out.
Once this evaluation is done, you should proceed for fertility treatment, while taking regular folic acid supplements.
On laparoscopy, it should be confirmed that both Fallopian tubes are open or not.
Your husbands semen analysis should be normal.
Disordered endometrial proliferation points at a hormonal imbalance.
It could be due to polycystic ovarian syndrome or progesterone deficiency.
You should be investigated for the same.
Patients with disordered endometrial proliferation often respond to ovulation inducing agents like clomiphene, which regulates ovulation and hence resultant hormonal balance.
Gonal F injections further improve your prospects of conceiving by inducing multiple follicles to develop.
At 35 your ovarian reserve should be tested by tests such as AMH, FSH and Antral follicular count on ultrasound. This assesses the capacity of your ovaries to produce good follicles, which declines in your thirties.
With proper treatment by an Infertility specialist, and appropriate progesterone support in the phase after ovulation, there is no reason why you shouldn't conceive.
Stay hopeful, and follow the advice of a good specialist.
You can attach your reports of laparoscopy and previous treatments for a detailed evaluation by me.

Take care and all the best.
feel free to ask any further questions.