Had miscarriage. Detected with bilateral cysts. Suffer abdominal pain. On norglen tablet. Anemic. Help?

hello dr... i am a 27 years old female, had a miscarriage recently . and now detected with bilateral cysts. i suffer from pain in lower left abdomen,specially when i skip meals....and the pain goes away with trips to the loo. my miscarriage happened in may,4 weeks pregnant ,which was a natural abortion. my periods have been pretty much regular through out my life other than when i was pregnant. i had two normal periods after that .my lmp was on 11th aug,but on 26th aug i started bleeding again. i got an ultra sound done,which revealed 8 mm thick endometrium and 46 mm thick cyst in left ovary and 26 mm thick cyst in the right ovary. after that i have not had any periods till now. my doctor has put me on norglen tablet which i have been taking for the past 15 days. my bowel movement is still little irregular. i used to skip meals a lot in the past and the pain in lower left abdomen starts if i miss my meals now...that gets resolved only after using the loo. the pain is rythmic . i am anemic and my leucocytes were pretty high in july month. pl help. i am devastated.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ovarian cyst

Detailed Answer:

Your problems need to be categorized in 2 parts . First the diagnosis of ovarian cyst needs to be addressed . The ultrasound shows one large cyst on each ovary . 46mm and 26mm each . This would qualify as solitary ovarian cyst. The treatment for ovarian cyst can be either medical or surgical . Normally any cyst larger than 5cm needs to be removed surgically. Less than that can be treated medically . In your case medical management can be tried . At least 3-6 months treatment with oral contraceptive pills is recommended . After that follow up with another Ultrasound scan .

To address the second problem you have, it seems to be gastro enterological . You are at risk of developing peptic ulcers . You need to make some diet and lifestyle changes . Ensure your meals are regular . Avoid caffeine and alcohol . Start iron supplements if your Hemoglobin is less than 10. If your total leucocyte count is high there is infection some where in your body . That could be gastro enterological related also. But repeat the test if all you have is a test from July .