Had mastitis, pain in breast and fever. Started sweating at night. Took echinacea. Noticed drop in temerature

Question
Hi I had mastitis, redness, pain in one breast and a fever of 38 degrees, I sweated all night and in the morning the fever had gone. With massage, heat packs, and I also took echinacea, vitC, my breast has returned to normal, but now my temperature has dropped to 35.1 is this normal?
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

It is very difficult to believe you are still normal with a temperature of 35.1.
I recommend you to recheck your temperature preferably oral.
Measurement of 35.1 Celsius could be an artifact or measuring error.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask if you have further doubts. I will be happy to help
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Had mastitis, pain in breast and fever. Started sweating at night. Took echinacea. Noticed drop in temerature 3 hours later
Thank you. I used two thermometers under the tongue, both reading the same or only varying by .1 of a degree. It is the next morning now and I felt cold but sweated through the night, other than that I do not feel sick in anyway and I have no aches or pains. It is now reading 35.8. Is it common for ones temperature to drop after having a high temperature, or should I be concerned and go to see a GP?
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 2 hours later

It is common for the temperature to drop after fever.
If the same reading continues for couple of days, its better to consult with a GP.

Let me know if you need further clarifications.
regards,
Dr Nilofer