Had lower back pain, taking medicine but no help. Suggest?

Spine Surgeon
I had back lower back pain i had consult with M S ortho doctor his prescription report is attached please advice me as pain is not recover. also suggest some daily exsercis
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
need to modify risk factors as well

Detailed Answer:
Low back pain is quite common now days due to our job profiles. Typically long travels and prolong sitting job are the main risk factors. Need to modify the risk factors and need to work on your back and abdominal exercises.
Modify Risk factors- sitting position on chair. get the knowledge of ergonomics at work place. Just google it you will get it. Taking microbreaks every 30-40 min and doing body stretching. Do not travel in sitting position for longer periods (>3-4 hr) prefer sleeping position for long travels or by train.
Doing exercise- Regular hamstring, back and abdominal exercise will help. Swimming also very good option. You have to go to physiotherapist to learn those. Can not demonstrate here.
Also check your blood Vit D3 and Vit B12 levels.
I dont see the prescription. However you can take anti-inflammatory with muscle relaxant for pain relief.
If pain persist with all treatments then you may need to get MRI spine to make sure no disc prolapse. Thanks.