Had lower back pain radiating from upper thigh. Muscles in the leg feel very weak. Any injury to spine?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I recently have had significant left lower back pain radiating down my left upper thigh. The muscles in my left upper leg in the front are really weak. Where is this injury from in my spine?
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes your problem is originating in spine

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

Due to compression of this nerve root there is tingling numbness in your leg and pain associated with it.
MRI spine will help to confirm diagnosis.

For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started.
Till time, avoid lifting weights, Sit with support to back. You can consult physiotherapist for help.
Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief.
I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion