Had laparotomy for lysis of adhesions. Have painful, swollen stomach. How to get relief?

I had a laparotomy for lysis of adhesions last October shortly after it dehysted. I'm in severe pain and to the left of my incision I'm severely swollen so much I look pregnant. I can't find a Dr that will help me. I have been up for 2 days because of the severe pain
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mamun Kabir 2 hours later
Thank you for your query.

I am trying to guess the scenario.
After an abdominal operation some complication may develop.
It may be at the abdominal wall or may be at the XXXXXXX organ level.
In case of you,the problem is probably at the wall.
Particularly this problem occur in obese person & continued raised intra abdominal pressure.
Chronic constipation,cough,excessive body weight may cause raised intra abdominal pressure.
As a result the structure at the incisional area become weak.
The fat with part of peritoneum & sometimes part of gut tends to herniate through the weak part of the wall.
The area becomes swollen during pressure.
Emergency complication may arise like strangulation or obstruction.

Try to reduce your weight with diet control & regular exercise, in case you are overweight.
It is wise to consult your doctor for proper evaluation.

I hope I have been some help of your query.
Please write if you have any doubt.