Had kenacort injection and white patches as a result of side effect. Treatment?

I had kenacore injection and as a result of sideffect i have white patches on my right hand..
how can that be reduced as it is spreading?
it is kenacort injection
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Well does not seem to be due to kenacort

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem you didnt mention why you took this injection . Anyways it contains triamnicolone acetate which is a long acting steroid and it is unlikely to develop white patches after this injection . It is not a known side effect of this injection .

Kindly consult a skin specialist as this could be another disease and get yourself evaluated for vitiligo or some fungal infection.

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Had kenacort injection and white patches as a result of side effect. Treatment? 21 hours later

I had kenacort to treat hypertrophic scarring only..

i had burns during my child hood and to supress certain areas doctor has given me that injection 3 months back.. in that area only i have white patches

i am really scared of if it is vitilgo..
can u pls let me know how that can be identified and treated
also i stay in hyderbad, can u pls advise/suggest me a good skin specialist for getting treatment
also pls let me know what are the tests that needs to be done if it is vitilgo..i dont have white pacthes in any other sections of it.. i kept noticing after i had that injection
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is possibiilty of other disease also

Detailed Answer:
Dear madam,

There is a possibilty of fungal infection also . So, dont be scared . Without looking at lesions nothing can be said .

I dont know any skin specialist in hyderabad . Kindly show it to some good dermatologist as advised by your family doctor.

There is no identifying test for vitiligo . I will also advise you to get thyroid levels done as they may also lead to such problem.

Dr. Shruti