Had intercourse. On antibiotic for yeast infection. White bumps on penis head. Looking for cure?

Question
Hello I have a question ok I had sex wit my bf and I waz starting a yest infection becouse of my antibiotics now a week later he has this white bump on the head of the penis he's wondering if its becouse of that or becouse he scratched or the way he cleans himself very roughly ... Can u help pls I gave him some canestan but don't knw if this would help I'm asking this question on his behalf...I'm 30 and he is 49 we do not use protection and also when we were having sex becouse of my yeast infection I wasn't that wet probably I hurt him? I'm worried and we have a healty sex life and well its a bomer for both of us
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 21 minutes later

Hello, I would be happy to help you today.

First of all, the CDC does not consider vaginal yeast infections a sexually transmitted disease. For this reason, it is not believed to be "transferred" from one partner to the other. In addition, yeast grows most easily within damp warm environments - thus on the penis is an unlikely place for it to grow.

It might very well be related to a "scratch" and the way it is healing. I would encourage you both to abstain for a period of time until this heals. Also, I don't think that he needs to vigorously clean himself after having sex - a simple warm washcloth or shower to gently clean up is all he might need.

If it persists and does not appear to be healing, then he will need to get this checked out.

I hope this helps. Please ask me if you have more questions.

Follow-up: Had intercourse. On antibiotic for yeast infection. White bumps on penis head. Looking for cure? 6 minutes later
What can he do to help his situation he has been puttin polysporin..or should he put something else..? And even he says that he always cleans himself roughly even when not having sex pls let me knw

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 7 minutes later

Hello and thanks for the followup.

In reviewing your prior question and description, you describe what I will presume to be a small white bump. He can certainly put antibiotic creams on it if that makes it feel better so that it does not rub against his clothes, but in all likelihood this will get better leaving it exposed to the air and giving it time.

Again, it might be worth having his doctor check it out as well. A small whitish bump in the genital area might actually represent a "genital wart". This is a COMMON problem caused by HPV virus. This can be present for a LONG period of time and occasionally "reactivate". It would take looking at it to see if that is what the problem is.

I hope this helps. Please ask if you have more questions. Good luck!