Had intercourse. Getting very light period. Pregnant or ectopic pregnancy?

Pediatrician
Question
Hi I had intercourse with my b.f on24th XXXXXXX my last period was3jan I took levonelle after26 hrs he didnot discharge comdom breaks I have my period but very light could I be pregnant what are the chances of ectopic pregnancy I see blood in urine as well I receive my period on 1feb those are very light n last for only 2-3 days n took 5-6 test all negative could I be pregnant
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 16 minutes later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
Kindly do not panic.I can understand your anxiety.
There is no chance of your being pregnant at this time.
Sexual experiences specially the initial ones bring about marked hormonal changes.This may result in delay or some mild changes in menstrual periods.
You have had 2 successful periods.So there is no chance of your being pregnant.
There is no chance of ectopic too.
You can undertake a USG to rule out pregnancy by almost 100% accuracy.
Please practise healthy and safe sex.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Have a nice day.

Follow-up: Had intercourse. Getting very light period. Pregnant or ectopic pregnancy? 7 minutes later
I got only 1 period on 1 of feb which were very light n short I got some pain at back as well n when is the right time to check with pregnancy test plzz help me I m very stressed

Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 3 minutes later
If you had your periods please do not panic.
Pregnancy tests can be done even today.They are likely to be negative.If you are so stressed out consult a friendly gynae and seek her advice.Keep your cool.
You are probably safe.
Have a nice day.

Follow-up: Had intercourse. Getting very light period. Pregnant or ectopic pregnancy? 3 minutes later
The periods are very light n short which were Only last 2-3 days I checked today as well but still negative is thatean I m not

Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 5 minutes later
It is very unlikely that you are pregnant.
Put this out of your mind.It you still panic consult a female gynae.
Bye

Follow-up: Had intercourse. Getting very light period. Pregnant or ectopic pregnancy? 5 minutes later
Then dr y my periods are light n short n y I have blood in my urine I have not dr here basically I m from Canada I m visitor here what is the best time to get accurate answer by pregnancy test n it's nearly 3weeks now We had intercourse

I got a lot of watery discharge as well is that a sing of pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 3 hours later
Watery discharge maybe a sign of localised infection.
Please consult your gynae.
This is not a specific sign of pregnancy.
Bye

Follow-up: Had intercourse. Getting very light period. Pregnant or ectopic pregnancy? 1 minute later
I have blood with my urine as well what does that mean after taking levonelle

Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 4 minutes later
During periods you might have blood with urine.Otherwise you have a urinary tract infection.
Bye

Follow-up: Had intercourse. Getting very light period. Pregnant or ectopic pregnancy? 2 hours later
What is utiAnd when it occurs
Hello dr just last question urine in blood is a symptom of ectopic pregnancy is that right plzz reply ASAP plzz plzz

Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 1 hour later
NO,
Have a nice day

Follow-up: Had intercourse. Getting very light period. Pregnant or ectopic pregnancy? 4 hours later
I took levonelle as well on 25th of XXXXXXX is that a effect if MAP blood in urine

Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 6 hours later
It is not a side effect of levonelle.
Thank you,

Follow-up: Had intercourse. Getting very light period. Pregnant or ectopic pregnancy? 3 hours later
How many days after intercourse we can check pregnancy test

Urine tests can be done at home It usually is taken about a week after a missed period
A qualitative hCG test simply checks to see if hCG is present. These tests are to confirm pregnancy as early as 10 days after a missed period
A quantitative hCG test (beta hCG) measures the exact amount of hCG in your blood. It can find even very low levels of hCG. Because these pregnancy tests can measure the concentration of hCG, they may be helpful in tracking any problems during pregnancy. They may also be used to rule out a tubal (ectopic) pregnancy or to monitor a woman after a miscarriage when hCG levels fall rapidly.
Hope this answer satifies your query.

Follow-up: Had intercourse. Getting very light period. Pregnant or ectopic pregnancy? 1 hour later
I have a sex on 24th XXXXXXX and I took levonelle on 25 th XXXXXXX then I had my period on 1feb which were very light n last only 2-3 days after that I had spotting for 2 day I was stresses as well because I don't wanna be pregnant I m too young to have baby and the other question is when I am able to check with pregnancy test I m sorry I ask u same question again n again.is that a side effect of pill ,am I prego , is it just because of stress my last period was on 3 rd XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX
It is diificult for me to repeat the same answer over and over again.
I still think that you are not pregnant.
Kindly consult a psychologist/ if you have further anxiety about the same issue.
Please think twice before you have sex next time.
Bye