Had hysteroscopy, D and C test. Have back pain and belly pain after the test. Taking motrin and tylenol. What could it be?

Mar 2013
I had a hysteroscopy and d and c 2 days ago. Is it normal to have back pain and belly pain 2 days later. I am taking motrin 400 mg every 6 hours and tylenol every 6 hours. thank you, sbc
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Mild pain is normal for a few days

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us with your health related concern.
After a hysteroscopy and a D and C, it is normal to have mild lower abdominal and back pains for upto 3- 4 days, so please do not worry.
The uterus would be cramping after the procedure, so you would feel mild discomfort.
If the pain is intolerable ( inspite of Motrin and tylenol ) or gut wrenching, please consult your doctor.
My advice is to wait it out for 2 more days, am sure that the pain would subside.
All the best.
Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.