Had hysterectomy, wound on stomach seems to be healing. Cheesy odour, skin hangs over. Reasons ?

i have just underc gone a hysterectomy andd was cut open accross my stomach the wound looks amzing and seem to be healing well but there is a strange cheesy odour coming from the wond should i be conerned I have also got an apron of skin that over hangs over the wound so it is hard to get to air to it, I am 12 days post op 52 years old had 2 children normal births, had some high blood pressure post op, recent op feb 11 gastric band may 10 pelvic floor lift. generally very healthy but had a chest problems , dr says chest is clear but i keep couching getting X XXXXXXX mond since holiday in feb and awaiting
Posted Fri, 29 Jun 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
A cheesy odour form the site of incision might be due to sweat in the area. If there is no local swelling or discharge or fever then there is nothing to be worried about. In the absence of any such symptoms, the foul odor is not worrisome.
You can try to keep the area dry as much as possible. You can clean the area with a spirit swab to decrease the sweat and odour.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.