Had hysterectomy done. Why am I feeling tired, dizzy, headache, nausea and hot flashes?

I had a hysterectomy two years ago, taking everything but one ovary. For the past six months I have been extremely tired. Unfortunately for the past two months I have been getting headaches, dizziness, nausea, and no sexual drive, weight gain no matter what I do, and some horrible hot flashes or what I think are hot flashes lasting from 5 minutes to an hour, that have me standing outdoors in 30 degree temps in shorts and a t-shirt because I feel like I am literally on fire. I had blood work done last week with no answers yet.
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later

Your symptom of hot flashes are due to estrogen deficiency.
Since one of your ovary is removed during surgery, the remaining ovary is compensating for its function.
Declining ovarian function is the cause of estrogen deficiency.

Could you provide me some more information so as to come to a right diagnosis.
1. What is the Histopathological report of the ovarian cyst that was removed during surgery?
2. What was the size of the ovarian cyst?
3. What was on table finding of the remaining normal ovary?
4. Did you get ovarian reserve test done before?

Waiting for your reply.

Dr Nilofer