Had hpv when I was pregnant. Child is having vision problem. Is this due to HPV?

I have hpv and didnt know it until recently. I had it while I was pregnant with my son. He has bad vision problems. Could hpv have caused this?
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
HPV can cause conjuctivitis in the neonates causing a pink eye after birth. If the conjuctivitis is treated well then further complications or vision problems are rare. Most of the children do not show any problem even if they are HPV infected.
The vision problems seen after six months of age are not likely to be related to the HPV infection.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Had hpv when I was pregnant. Child is having vision problem. Is this due to HPV? 4 hours later
Even though it is rare, is it still possible that vision problems are present? If so, what kind of problems have occured? My son is 6 now and has had strong prescripton lenses. His eye Dr says his vision has been this bad since birth. She is a family friend, and I dont want to explain about my husbands indiscretions that caused my hpv. No one in either of mine or my husbands family needed glasses til they were elderly. We just are looking for an answer to "why?". Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 50 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
There are no studies available which show a definite association of vision problems like myopia or astigmatism with an HPV infection. The only effect seen is in neonates that too an infective conjunctivitis. A delayed effect on the vision is not known.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.