Had gallbladder removed but looks like pregnant. Unable to eat solid food. When will it be normal?

I Had gallbladder removed 10 days ago, I still look 9 months pregnant,and cannot really eat much solid food, I am on Ensure kind of thing,when is it going to go back to normal? thank you
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Should improve within 3 to 5 days

Detailed Answer:
This is not uncommon after a surgery. You may have some slowing of the intestines which causes gas buildup and bloating. Stick to liquid diet for next few days. I would expect symptoms to improve over the next 3 to 5 days. Do some walking as well as this may help encourage your bowels to move.

Dr. Galamaga
Follow-up: Had gallbladder removed but looks like pregnant. Unable to eat solid food. When will it be normal? 12 minutes later
Thank you!
I do have bout of constipation and that normal?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 6 hours later
Hello again.

Irregular bowel habits are very common after surgery. I am confident that your normal balance will return soon. Continue to support yourself with good hydration and limit your diet to liquids or soft foods. I anticipate that within two or three days you should feel much better. Constipation and diarrhea are common after surgery.

Symptoms that you want to watch for our increasing pain fever or chills. Any of those symptoms should prompt a phone call to your doctor or surgeon.

Thanks again for sending your questions. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns.

Dr. Galamaga