Had gallbladder and total hysterectomy. Having pain in back. Blood work done. Any suggestion?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Had gallbladder and total hysterectomy surgery 9 months ago...healing fine and then the last 4 months have been in alot of pain in upper right quadrant and back...blood test showed elevated wbc count of 15.52 and elevated ggt of 111 (previous blood work in normal range even after surgery) and elevated alt of 52 (previous normal range)...healthy female and non drinker...uggg..pain daily
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

Thanks or posting your query

Need some more information regarding the type of pain and as to how does it subside or does it go on and on ?

Do you have fever ?
Any other bowel disturbances ?

Have you gone for a postoperative Ultrasound ?

Get back to me with this information and it will help me help you better
Wishing you a healthy life ahead
Follow-up: Had gallbladder and total hysterectomy. Having pain in back. Blood work done. Any suggestion? 40 minutes later is always uncomfortable and pain gets worse at times but always fever..upper stomach is bloated and hard.more gas and belching ..had a ultrasound..was negative..also very sore to touch when touching in the area of gallbladder and back
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 16 hours later

It is very unusual to get this after 4 months of surgery

I would suggest you see your operating surgeon and go for antibiotics and antiinflammatory medicines and if need be go for a CT scan

Do not hesitate to write back
Wishing you a speedy recovery