Had gall bladder removed. Pain along ribs radiating to groin and scrotum. Take Fentanyl for arythmia and lorazapam

It started on March 3 1998 with an epidimytis. in Nov, they removed my gallbladder and repaired 2 inguinal hernias. It was the wrong decision. But when the pain is intolerable a person does not think straight. Since then I have pain along the last right rib and pain which radiates to the right groin and around the scrotum (specially when I sit down). I also have some pain in the left testicle, sometimes. I am on a pain patch Fentanyl 25 mcg and I have an arythmia that caused in 2009 that necessitated a pace maker/defibrillator. I take 3 mg of lorazapam 1 pill of mirtazapine 15mg. In addition I have insomnia and saddly enough I take ambient 10 mg. MRI indicated disc bulge at the T8-9 and T9-10 smal right sided dis protrusions at L2-3 and L4-5 Multiple large Tarlov root sleeve cysts within the sacral canal plus Right L5 sensory radiculopathy with Normal EMG.
is my problem source from the back or scare tissues from the gallbladder , inguinal operation. Thank you very much.
Soheil Artin
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Inadequate treatment for depression is my opinion

Detailed Answer:

There is no single cause that can explain the pain at the right rib and the scrotal pain while you sit. It may or may not be related to the disc bulge or scarry tissues. It could be a psychological component that is adding to the symptom.

I somehow feel that your treatment with Mirtazapine, lorazepam and Ambient are not helping you get on to your normal life.
Do you get satisfaction and pleasure from your life?
What do you think is working for you? Did you convey the same to your treating doctor?
If an individual is depressed, or inadequately treated relatively minor problems become greatly magnified.

If I were your treating doctor I would refer you for a intensive therapy with a Psychiatrist, Psychologist and Pain Specialist as well. I would also ask the Spine surgeon if the disc protrusion are large enough to cause such pain described by you.

Did your treating doctor or primary doctor do this for you?