Had four miscarriages, will Ecosprin and Clexane help during pregnancy?

Mar 2013
Hi I am XXXX, 29 yrs old. My blood group AB Negetive (Husbend 32, B+). I had 4 mis carry (2009, 2012, 2013 Feb, 2013 July) with 6 to 8 week of pregnency. I have been pescribed by High risk pregnency expart doctor in india stay with Ecosprin 75 and Clexane 40 injection till delevary from day 1 after confirmation of pregnency. All reports are normal as we tested in National Lab Delhi. Please advice me about this.
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. I have gone through the doctor's prescription. It mentions a diagnosis of Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome. That means that the tests cannot be all normal. Can you please upload the tests done so far - so that I can go through them, and suggest any remaining ones ? According to me with a history of 4 miscarriages , following workup is essential - 1. Chromosomal analysis of the products of conception of each miscarriage - also karyotyping of the husband and wife. 2. Complete blood count, HIV , HBsAg, HCV, VDRL, for both partners. 3. Indirect Coombs test ( No need for this if you have been given Anti D injection for your negative blood group after each miscarriage ). 4. Screening for Rubella, Toxoplasmosis. 5. TSH, Prolactin, FSH, LH, OGTT, DHEAS, Serum testosterone, Lipid profile 6. Semen analysis of husband 7. Testing for antiphospholipid antibody syndrome - APA, ACA, LAC, ANA, Aptt, Bleeding and clotting profiles 8. Serum homocysteine levels and testing for MHTFR mutation, Protein C, Protein S. 9. Pelvic ultrasound scan / HSG to see size and shape of uterine cavity. 10. Thalassemia screening. IF this much workup is done , and is normal, then this is unexplained recurrent abortion. After the last abortion, please avoid conception for atleast 6 months ( now you can try for pregnancy ). Take daily 5 mg per day folic acid before planning for pregnancy and continue till term. For such patients, the drugs mentioned in the prescription also should be taken. So Ecosprin 75 and Clexane 40 injections also should be taken from the day of confirmation of pregnancy till delivery. Ecosprin prevents clotting of blood vessels and thus increases blood supply to the baby, and Clexane also has similar effect. Meanwhile, at the earliest time that your periods are overdue, you should consult a reputed Obstetrician, get all antenatal testing done, and then start the prescription. WIsh you all the best Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Had four miscarriages, will Ecosprin and Clexane help during pregnancy? 4 hours later
Dear Madam I am very pleased with your valuable discussion. Could you please inform me about the third medicine in the pescription? With regards XXXX
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello THank you for the appreciation. I think it is Tablet C - Yum ( though the handwriting is not very helpful ! ). It is a supplement of calcium and vitamin D which should be taken during pregnancy, after the first trimester is over ( after 12 weeks of pregnancy till delivery and during breastfeeding also ). Take care.