Had food poisoning, abdominal pain and diarrhea. Elevated ALT and plasma viscosity shown in blood. Lower back pain. Treatment?

I had food poisoning 5 weeks and still have abdo pain and diarrhoea. My bloods show elevated ALT and plasma viscosity and my EGFR is low 75. I feel tired, achey and my stomach is crampy and I have lower back pain right sided. I am awaiting the results of my second stool sample (the first one was normal).
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Partially treated GIT infection.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to the Board of XXXXXXX

Food poisoning 5 months back, still you are having GIT symptoms like abdominal cramps, loose motions, and some systemic symptoms like tiredness body ache etc (which should have been vanished with in 4-5 days of complete course of treatment).

It all represents that the food infection you got 5 months back is still hounding you.
It means at that time the infection was not eradicated completely. Many times it happens and the things left as Chronic Amoebiasis.

Now it can be diagnosed and treated completely with relevant investigations like stool culture and microscopic examination.

You are having past history of IBS which also adds in you symptoms.

Hope the query is answered.

Please feel free for further clarification.