Had fall and having blackened eye. No loss of consciousness, blurred vision and nausea. Complaining of hearing loss. Solution?

Aug 2013

ENT Specialist
My nephew who has no insurance or money at this point Got feet pulled out from under him on Monday, landed on his r temple and blacked his r eye, eye is solid red on the right side of sclera, no loss of consciousness, no blurred vision, no nausea, no headache or ear pain, no dilated pupils. But Wednesday he started complaining if r ear hearing loss. Trying to figure out id I need to get him medical help, could it be just a hematoma that will dissolve ?
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 1 hour later
Hello and welcome to Health care magic,

I am Dr Sriram Nathan an ENT surgeon and I will try to help you out with your problem

At the offset let me assure you that since your nephew does not have loss of consciousness and since he does not have vomiting it may not be anything serious. Howeve you need to understand a few things as far as his hearing is concerned

1. If his hearing loss is not very severe and just a block occasionally then you may wait for a week or so for it to spontaneously improve which I am sure it will improve

2. If however his hearing is getting worse, or if there is ear bleed, or if there is loss of consciousness then you must take a CT scan of the head and temporal bones and get back to me or any ENT with the reports

3. If his vision is also getting disturbed and the bleed increases then you must consult an ophthalmologist.

4. You must also get an audiometric testing done and get back to me with the report

again, do not worry and he will become better soon

If you have any more doubts then you may get back to me

Dr Sriram Nathan