Had ear infection. On z pak. Getting weird sensation in hands and feet. What does this mean?

General Surgeon
hi i have recently had a bad ear infection and due to that i havent been barely eating im on z pak but my hands and feet have been feeling weird and when i take a shower they almost instantly wrinkle what does this mean
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 15 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Such instant hand and feet wrinkling can be a symptom of dehydration. When the human body has fluid deficiency, the skin looses its tension and is more prone to buckling. You have probably dry mouth or tongue with whitish surface.
I suggest you to start with mineral water intake (like 2 liters a day) and Magnesium 400 mg a day supplementation. You should also take probiotic along with an antibiotic, it should improve your appetite.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.