Having serious charlie horse leg cramps? Medication to relieve the pain?

my 81 year old mother is having serious charlie horse leg cramps and wants to know if there is an over the counter medication to use to relieve the pain? Her doctor did prescribe her Chlorzoxazone but she is nervous to take it due to the side effects, tongue or throat swelling may occur. She had a reaction to Lisinipril a week ago due to the same side effects. History: back surgery approx 40 years ago, hip surgery 2012 smoker for 50 years approx. list of meds Aspirin 325 mg, omeprazole 20 mg, simvastatin 10 mg, iron 65mg, Cartia XT 120 mg, Adlendronate 70 mg, D3 1000 iu twice daily, Red yeast rice 600 mg 2 xs, Calcium 500 D 3xs, allergy
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013