Ask a Urologist   »  

Had diarrhoea and discomfort while urinating. After urine sample was on cipro and changed to augmentin. Is it UTI?

Went to the doctor two weeks ago.... Had diarrhea and discomfort while urinating... She thought it was Chlamydia.... Did a Urine sample and put me on 500 MG of Cipro. Took all the medication.. But starting getting symptoms back about a day or so later after coming off the Cipro.... Called the Dr. said my Urine came back negative for Chlamydia... But wanted to do another urine test.... Did another test said everything came back normal. But did put me on Augmentin 875MG for a week to get whatever infection was present. (Still in the process of taking).... Had intercourse with my GF over this weekend mainly because everything was feeling great. But my urethra feels a little sore... Even had slight pain after intercourse. Could I still be sore from my UTI. I'm still on antibiotics. I think I may have pushed sex a little too soon.

Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 53 minutes later
Welcome to the forum.
It is good that you responded to cipro.
Augmentin is a broad spectrum antibiotic and we need to wait till the course is completed. You need to be reassessed after that.
Sex should not cause soreness unless it has been of long duration and heavy.
We need to wait, unless you develop new symptoms for which medical advice may be necessary.
best regards
Follow-up: Had diarrhoea and discomfort while urinating. After urine sample was on cipro and changed to augmentin. Is it UTI? 21 minutes later
No new symptoms....Just feel a little uncomfortable... Drinking Cranberry Juice and keeping hydrated.

Also keep on the same routine with Augmentin....

Thank you!
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 10 minutes later
Let us wait---