Had dark green stool, currently taking cipralex. What could be the cause?

what doed a dark green stool mean... I've had one a few month ago and now one again today.. I'm currently taking cipralex. all I ate yesterday was pizza and some cucumber. and 2 glasses of whiskey n cola just before bed
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cannot be said exactly.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I see that you have an episode of passage of green coloured stools today and one way back one month ago . Generally it is not a thing to worry but if its frequency increase care needs to be taken . Common causes include Diet high in green vegetables such as spinach ,cucumber , eatables containing Food dyes , Severe diarrhea etc.

I would advise you not to worry and observe if it persists consult a physician and get stool r/m done . As if now wait and watch will be the best policy .

Dr. Shruti