Had complete hysterectomy due to endometrial cancer. How long to wait for annual flu shot?

How long after my hysterectomy should I wait to have my annual flu shot? I had a complete hysterectomy due to endometrial cancer, but pathology reports that it was completely removed and I am cancer free now.
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly wait for 4 weeks post surgery.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX There is no hard and fast rule about getting flu vaccination after surgery. It can be given any time after surgery once there is no fever or any other major complaints. I feel its better to wait for 4 weeks after surgery for the flu vaccine, so that the healing of wound will be good, and if any infection occurs it can be treated before flu vaccine.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile