Had coil surgery for bone cyst. Have severe headache. Feels heavy in head. Having memory problems. What is wrong?

I had coil surgery for a bone cyst under my temporal lobe a year and a half ago. Since then, my head does not feel right; I am tired, body is weak, have had severe headaches and/or aches on right side of head (aches are every day and can move around on right side of head); head feels heavy at times; feels like fine sand is settling on right side of head for about an hour after sleeping; having memory problems now and some confusion. Why is this and will I ever feel normal? I am a 66 year-old female and was extremely healthy and strong before the surgery. Check ups show nothing is wrong and surgery was successful.
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cyst temporal lobe

Detailed Answer:

Delighted to be able to help.

Although surgical intervention was a success, by the symptoms that you have is necessary to rule out recurrence of the cyst, this occurs frequently due to various causes. Go to your neurosurgeon as soon as possible. He will review you and will request brain MRI to rule out recurrence of the cyst and will decide the right treatment(open surgery, bypass the cyst to the peritoneum) if the diagnosis is confirmed.

I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.

I wish you good health.