Had circumcision. Developed red and raw scrotum. Cause?

Jul 2016

I had a circumcision 10 days ago. I finished the antibiotics. Yesterday I developed a red and raw scrotum. Painful and difficult to sleep and walk. Any idea what would cause this?
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be allergic reaction .

Detailed Answer:

You have undergone surgery of Circumcision 7 days back and have redness of the scrotum.

Most likely this happens due to allergic reaction to antimicrobial solution or spirit used to clean and drape the genitals and scrotum before starting surgery.

Please consult qualified dermatologist for clinical examination and further treatment.
You may need to take antibiotic for few more days along with anti allergic medication orally and topical anti allergic cream for local application.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you any more questions ,I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks and Regards.