Had cesarean. Can I do yoga which involves muscle training?

I had a caesarean 7 months back. Can I do yoga which involves muscle stretching exercises now or do I need to wait for some more time. Please suggest.
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 2 hours later

Although there are no fixed guidelines for the exercise after cesarean section, one can start physical activity according one's physical ability and comfort.Every body's physical stamina is different and you should judge yours yourself.

From surgical and medical point of view, there is no harm in doing abdominal muscle stretches after 6 months of a c-section. If you don't feel too tired in doing that, you can start your yoga.

Good luck.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you.
If you have further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL: